Mr. Martin Paev, CFA, Chairman of SORTIS Group (Bulgaria), was invited to take part at the SEE Private Equity and M&A Forum, which took place on the 14th of June 2019 at Intercontinental Hotel, Bucharest Romania.
This year at the forum, international and regional investors who are already active or are considering entry into the market discussed the region’s investment activity in leadership panel discussions and real-life case studies. The discussion illustrated the reasons why South Eastern European region continues to attract interest from new funds.
At the forum, Mr. Paev was a moderator on the panel Recent Transactions & Trends in SEE. Topics included were:
• Trends in private equity deals: secondary and succession deals
• Valuation expectations and dates coming up in the market
• Sectors where transactions are expected in the coming year
• Exits coming up for Private Equity firms liquidating their funds
• Real Estate aspects of private equity transactions
Participants at Mr. Paev’s panel were:
• Ioana Filipescu Stamboli, Corporate Finance Partner, Deloitte Central Europe
• Bill Fawkner-Corbett, Investment Director, CEE Equity Partners
• Vasile Tofan, Partner, Horizon Capital
• Stepan Karpukhin, Managing Director, TRG
• Henry Potter, Partner, Alpha Associates
• Silviu Stratulat, Managing Partner, Statulat Albulescu Attorneys at Law
SORTIS Group is a Bulgarian group of companies active in mergers & acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, loan advisory, and hotel management. SORTIS is a member of the international Globalscope M&A Advisors network.