SORTIS Group values your privacy and cares about the way in which your confidential information is treated.
SORTIS Group EOOD (UIC: 203282471) is a holding company of SORTIS Invest EOOD (UIC: 148089486), SORTIS Real Estate EOOD (UIC: 175255973), SORTIS Hospitality OOD (UIC: 202529919), SORTIS Credit EOOD (UIC: 200118680), and SORTIS.BG EOOD (UIC: 201057209). The following text is applicable to all operations of the SORTIS Group and its related entities. Hereby, all companies included in SORTIS Group will be called SORTIS unless otherwise specified.
What confidential information do we collect about you?
It is possible that some of your personal information is collected as part of our business activities. Data might be collected when you use our website, when you contact us or request information from us, by being engaged in our services, or as a result of a relationship with our employees or a third party (e.g. clients).
The following personal information might be processed:
- General information, such as your name, employer, position held or and your relationship to a person known by us
- Contact information, including: email address, postal address, telephone number
- Financial information, such as financial documents and payment information provided in the course of our business together
- Technical information, such as website visits or in relation to materials and communications we send to you via the Internet
- Information you provide to us for the purposes of attending meetings and events
- Background information and identification provided by you or obtained as part of our business acceptance and compliance processes
- Personal information provided to us by a third party or generated in the course or providing services to them, which may include special categories of information
- Any other information relating to you which you may have given to us as part of our interaction
How do we obtain your confidential information?
- In the course of providing financial and other services, we collect information from you as part of our business acceptance processes
- We collect your personal information through technology tools and services, including our websites and email communications sent to and from SORTIS
- We collect information about you when you provide it to us, or interact with us, for instance by engaging with our employees or registering on one of our digital platforms
- We may collect or receive information about you from other sources, such as keeping the contact details we already hold for you accurate and up to date using publicly available sources
How do we use your confidential information?
There are several ways in which SORTIS may collect, store and process your personal information, including through your use of our website or another service of the company. This information is used:
- To propose potential business opportunities to you
- For providing information at your request
- For promoting our services, including sending publications and details of upcoming events
- To manage our relationship with you and other clients
- For providing and improving the specific services and the website
- To stay compliant with legal, regulatory and risk management obligations
- For the purpose of possible recruitment
Use of SORTIS website
You are invited by several tools on our website (e.g. ‘Careers’ section) to provide us with confidential information. The aim of these facilities is apparent at the point that you provide your confidential information and we use such information for the disclosed purposes only.
We deploy Google Analytics and Histats, web-based analytics tools which track and report details on the usage of our website. Such analytics help us improve our services and your user experience. This is achieved by Google Analytics – the software itself can place small text files called ‘cookies’ on your device. The information that cookies collect, such as the number of visitors to the site, the pages visited and the length of time spent on the site, is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Marketing and other emails
External software providers and your personal information are used to understand whether you engage in reading our emails and other materials, whether you click on the links to the information that we include in them and whether and how you visit our website after you click on that link.
You are in control to unsubscribe from receiving any marketing communication from us at any time by emailing us.
Meetings, events and seminars
Your confidential information may be collected and processed in relation to your attendance at our offices or at an event or seminar organised by SORTIS, or by a third party. We may share your information with technology and other service providers or business partners involved in organising or hosting events.
Financial and other services
Confidential information is collected, created, held and used in the course of and in connection with the services we provide to our clients. As part of our business acceptance, finance, administration and marketing processes, including anti-money laundering, conflict of interest, reputational and financial checks may be conducted using personal information. We may also process personal information provided to us by or on behalf of our clients for the purposes of the professional services we provide to them. The information may be disclosed to third parties to the extent necessary in the context of the project. Still, any such potential actions are in full compliance with the confidentiality agreements signed between SORTIS and its clients.
How long do we store your confidential information?
We will retain your personal information in accordance with our data retention practices, which serve the purpose to categorise all the information held by SORTIS and point out the appropriate retention period for each type of data. These periods are based in accordance with the requirements of applicable data protection laws and the purpose for which the information is collected and used, taking into consideration legal and regulatory requirements to retain the information for a minimum period, limitation periods for taking legal action, good practice and the business purposes of SORTIS.
Who do we share your confidential information with?
Your personal information may be shared with certain trusted third parties, according to contractual arrangements in place with them, including:
- Auditors and professional advisers
- Suppliers to whom certain secondary services are outsourced
- Third parties engaged in the course of services we provide to clients and with clients’ prior consent, such as other financial advisors, lawyers, local counsel and technology service providers
- Third parties which host or organise events or seminars
If necessary, or for the reasons pointed out in this policy, we may also share confidential information with state regulatory authorities, courts, government agencies and law enforcement agencies. Although the possibility is small, we may be required to disclose your information in order to comply with legal or regulatory requirements. We will notify you prior to such actions, unless we are legally restricted from doing so.
Should it happen that we transfer or re-organise our business in the future, we may need to transfer your information to new SORTIS entities or to third parties through which the business of SORTIS will be conducted.
We do not use your confidential information for any commercial purposes, except with your prior permission.
Your rights regarding your confidential information
You have certain rights regarding data protection provided by the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
You have the right to require details on the information about you that we have collected. It is possible that you are also entitled to request the correction or deletion of this data, to restrict its processing, to block transfers of your confidential information to a third party without your permission and, in some cases, to have confidential information relating to you transferred to another organisation. It is also possible that you may have the right to lodge a complaint in relation to SORTIS’ processing of your confidential information with a supervisory authority.
In case you object to your information being collected and processed or you alter your initial consent, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations.
SORTIS will not be able to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes set out above (see ‘How we use your confidential information’), in case you object or withdraw your previously given consent and possibly, you may not be able to make use of the services offered by us. Even after you have withdrawn your consent, we may be able to process your personal information to the extent required or permitted by law, in particular, in case we have to exercise and defend our legal rights or meet regulatory obligations.
It is our obligation to ensure your confidential information is accurate and up to date. Therefore, please advise us of any changes to your information by emailing us.