- Strategize: beginning with the end in mind we could assist you to formulate your needs, set criteria and find partners that best suit those needs.
- Screen: perform an initial assessment of potential financial or strategic acquirers that correspond to the set criteria.
- Model and evaluate:
- Develop an integrated cash flow model incorporating a medium-term forecast of the financial position and operating performance of your company.
- Perform a valuation of your company using alternate methods and coordinate a value range for initial bid assessment
- Analyse scenarios, and develop a transaction and bid framework.
- Prepare the transaction documents:
- Teaser – short document aimed at generating interest for the transaction in selected potential acquirers
- Information memorandum – containing sufficient information to place a binding bid.
- Process letter – outlining to potential acquirers how the process could be handled, what are the milestones and deadlines
- Prepare a Short List and Long List of potential acquirers
- Establish, organize and moderate initial contacts and meetings with potential acquirers
- Coordinate exchange of Confidentiality Agreements
- Administer and coordinate
- Coordinate subsequent logistics of your internal experts as well as those engaged by you on transaction teams
- Administer the flow of information between you and the potential acquirers and their advisors
- Data room
- Organize gathering of information and initial stocking of a virtual data room
- Manage the Q&A process and ensure additional information is provided on a timely basis with minimal disruptions to normal operations
- Assist in formulating answers to queries by potential acquirers and their advisors
- Discuss with you any issues arising from the due diligence process that might be deal breakers
- Assist in formulating appropriate adjustments to process or offering in order to ensure a smooth transaction process
- Offer evaluation
- Perform the initial assessment of binding offers
- Discuss and address conditionalities
- Assist and advise in selecting the offers that could proceed to negotiation phase
- Partake in strategic or tactical discussions and support in formulating negotiation positions and approaches
- Support you in face-to-face meetings with potential acquirers, including act as moderator
- Design suitable solutions facilitating minimisation of transaction conditionality
- Closing assistance
- Support your legal advisors to incorporate terms agreed in the negotiation phase in the Closing Transaction Documentation – Shareholders’ Agreement, Share Purchase Agreement or any other agreements leading to the Transaction.
- Act as liaison between advisors for transaction document inputs.