Distressed Investment Opportunities
- Short to medium-term deterioration on the property market in Bulgaria, after several years of a robust growth and a peak in 2007-2009.
- Construction and real estate badly hit by the global credit crunch.
- Announced mega projects totalling EUR 2 – 2.5 B were put on hold, according to the Bulgarian Construction Chamber.
- Many players on the property market (incl. investors, landlords, tenants, property service providers) suffered from some form of distress.
- Major challenges – financial and operational restructurings, debt refinancing, debt for equity, joint ventures.
- Many properties have been worked out already, but there are still attractive investment opportunities.
Investors could still take advantage of the distressed investment opportunities.